Frequently Asked Questions

Please read the questions below before contacting the District about your application. Questions are grouped into categories to help you find information quickly.

Question Categories

Can I save my incomplete application and return to complete it at a later time?

Yes. You may logout of your application at any time and return later. When you are ready to complete your application, enter your username and password and you will be allowed to continue your application if the job posting is still open.

How do I apply for a job?

Once you find a job you would like to apply for simply click on the title of the job (e.g. "Maintenance Technician"). Then you will review a description of the job and click on the Apply for This Position button. At this point you will either need to login to an existing account you have already created of create a new account. To create a new account click on Create A New Account And Apply For This Position button. Then answer the on-screen questions to create an account. You must complete all required fields and click the "Save and Submit" button at the end of the application. When your application is successfully submitted, you will receive a Confirmation Number. You can use this confirmation number to reference a specific application.
Back to TopQ:I have updated my profile but when I view a PDF of my application it shows the old information. Is there any way to overwrite this?A:When you submit an application, the system locks your answers in permanently. HR departments are aware of this and know to check candidate profiles for updated information.Back to TopQ:What happens if I withdraw my application?A:If you withdraw your application the district will no longer consider you for the position from which you are withdrawing. If you withdraw by mistake, please contact the district and they can re-activate your application.Back to TopQ:My application status says “Incomplete”. What should I do?A:If your application status reads “Incomplete,” you will need to contact the district to ask why they have marked it this way. The district’s HR department will tell you if additional application materials are needed.Back to Top

What types of files do you accept for Resume, Cover Letter, Letters of Reference etc?

All files attached to your application must be in .txt, .rtf, .pdf, .docx, or .doc format. If you need to upload an image or scan, you must convert it to pdf or place it into a Word doc file.
Back to TopQ:Can I upload more attachments?A:You are currently limited to a maximum of six (6) upload documents. These will carry over to other applications if you apply for more than one job.Back to TopQ:Can I upload a separate group of attachments for each job posting to which I apply?A:At this time there is no way to upload different attachments for different job postings. If you overwrite your current attachments with new ones then the old versions will no longer be viewable by the district.Back to TopQ:Can I upload different cover letters for each job posting to which I apply?A:There is currently no way to upload different cover letters for each job to which you apply. It is best to use a generic cover letter when adding one to your attachments page. This may be unnecessary in some cases where districts have a specific page on their application for you to type your cover letter.Back to Top

How do I check the status of my application?

Log into your account and then click on the Application Status tab. If you have already applied for a job it will be listed under the Current Applications section. If you want to view additional details about the job you applied for click on the Details link associated with the job. If you have applied for jobs in the past that have been filled, it will be listed in the Previous Applications section.

Is this a secure website, and is my data secure?

Yes. All data transfers use 128-bit or 256-bit encryption depending on your computer's capabilities. This is the same type of encryption used for most online banking transactions.

I forgot my username or password. How can I retrieve it?

From the main job listings page, click the link "I Forgot My Password." Enter your email address into the box and your information will be sent to that email address.
Back to TopQ:TEACHERS:

A:This is a reminder that all professional employees must maintain a valid certificate to be entitled to perform professional instructional duties, to perform educational specialist services to students, or to perform supervisory or administrative functions for which it was issued. If you are holding an Instructional I (Provisional/Level I) certificate or Educational Specialist I (Provisional/Level I) certificate you must convert your certificate to an Instructional II or Educational Specialist II (Permanent/Level II) certificate by the end of the validity period. If not converted the Level I certificate lapses. Don't let your certificate expire!!! Contact Human Resources

Back to TopQ:TEACHERS:

What is the validity period of my Level I certificate?

The validity period for Instructional I (Provisional/Level I) certificates and Educational Specialist I (Provisional/Level I) certificates is 6 years of service. This is 6 years for actual years of professional service as an educator, not calendar years. For example: A certificate issued in 1990 was used for a total of 3 years of professional service as an educator prior to 2004. This may include some long-term substitute assignments. As of 2004 there are 3 years of validity remaining.
Back to TopQ:TEACHERS:

Will PDE send me a notice announcing when my certificate will expire?

NO. NO. NO. It is the responsibility of each certificate holder to know when his or her certificate expires and to apply for a Level II certificate. Failure to convert the certificate before the end of the applicable service period will result in a lapsed certificate and the certificate holder will be ineligible for employment as a professional.
Back to TopQ:Once I have attained tenure, is it transferrable?A:Yes. Under the current law, a teacher needs to earn tenure only once in Pennsylvania, and thereafter holds that status in all Pennsylvania school districts in which they are hired (24 P.S. §11-1108).Back to TopQ:How do I apply for a Level II certificate?A:Applying for a Level II Certificate
The Applicant completes a PDE Form 338 G which may be downloaded from the PDE website or obtained from Human Resources.
Notify Human Resources to send you a completed PDE Form 338 P to verify your satisfactory service and completion of a PDE approved Induction Program. If your 3 years of satisfactory service was completed in multiple districts/schools then each district/school verifying your 3 years of satisfactory service or completion of an approved Induction Program must complete a Form 338 P.
Obtain a copy of your Pennsylvania Level I certificate
Obtain official transcripts for all post baccalaureate college/university coursework completed in a college/university sealed envelope for your educational requirements. DO NOT OPEN THE ENVELOPE.
Obtain official copies of PDE approved IU credits. Official letters have raised seals issued by the IU in-service coordinator.
Obtain $100.00 Money Order payable to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. No credit cards, personal checks or cash will be accepted.
Submit all application materials in one envelope with the $100.00 Money Order on top to:

Pennsylvania Department of Education
Bureau of Teacher Certification and Preparation
333 Market Street
Harrisburg , PA 17126-0333

Incomplete applications will not be processed until all required materials are received.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Any Pennsylvania public school professional with a lapsed or invalid certificate will be ineligible for employment. The Marple Newtown School District has a legal obligation to remove any person who does not have a valid certificate upon verification. If you have any questions about certification contact the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of Teacher Certification and Preparation. Contact them by email at . Or visit their website at . You may also contact Human Resources at 610-359-4380.

Back to TopQ:How do I apply to jobs as an internal applicant?A:To apply to jobs as an internal applicant, you must currently be employed by the district to which you are applying. There are two ways to create an internal account. Some districts have an “Internal” button enabled at the top right of the screen which will take you through the process of creating an internal account. If you have already created an account and would like to change it to internal, select the “Account Settings” option at the top of the screen after you have logged in. On the right side of the page there is an “Account Type” section. Here you can change your external account to internal by selecting “I am a current employee.”Back to TopQ:How do I view internal job postings?A:To view internal job postings, login with an internal account. The internal postings will appear under the job listings with all of the external postings.Back to TopQ:How do I transfer my Recruit & Hire account from one district to another?A:To transfer your account, sign out of the site (if applicable) and begin applying for the position you would like. You will be prompted to create a new account, sign in, or transfer a currently existing account. Enter the email and password that is connected with your other Recruit & Hire account. Enter the state that the account is located in and press continue. The site will locate your other account. You can then select it to transfer the information over. Please be aware that only some of your profile information will be moved over. You will still need to fill out certain sections on new applications.Back to TopQ:Can I combine multiple Recruit & Hire accounts with different districts?A:Unfortunately you are not able to combine accounts at this time.Back to TopQ:How do I find out about new job postings?A:You can sign up for job alerts on the main login page. Once this is done, you will receive weekly email notices of the jobs that the district has posted.Back to TopQ:How do I change the email address and password linked to my account?A:You can change your account information by select “Account Settings” at the top of the web page. To access account settings you will first need to login.Back to TopQ:If I transfer my account, do I lose all the information in the initial district?A:No information will be lost if you transfer your account. Your account with the previous district will remain active.Back to Top